Friday, October 7, 2011
The do-nothing prosecutor of Veracruz, Reynaldo Escobar Pérez, has resigned
More than 70 human cadavers have appeared on Veracruz streets or have been found in local residences since September 21. All had been executed, presumably by one or more warring drug cartels in the region. Earlier this week governor Duarte said that security in Veracruz was fine, and that no there was no problem with corruption in local police and militia forces. Pérez' said today he was resigning for "personal reasons." An interim deputy prosecutor will replace him.
Here's my earlier story on the prosecutor: Reynaldo Escobar Pérez, the do-nothing prosecutor of Veracruz: http://mexicogulfreporter.blogspot.mx/2011/09/do-nothing-prosecutor-of-veracruz.html).
And on the governor: The make believe world of Veracruz Governor Javier Duarte: http://mexicogulfreporter.blogspot.mx/2011/10/make-believe-world-of-veracruz-governor.html
Federal troops take over police functions in Veracruz - 1,000 cops dismissed: http://mexicogulfreporter.blogspot.mx/2011/12/federal-troops-take-over-police.html.
P.S. I'm taking partial credit for Pérez' resignation. I think he reads my Blog.
at 4:14 PM